Cleanclean (klēn),USA pronunciation adj., -er, -est, adv., -er, -est, v.
- free from dirt;
unstained: She bathed and put on a clean dress.
- free from foreign or extraneous matter: clean sand.
- free from pollution;
pure: clean air; clean water.
- habitually free of dirt: Cats are considered clean animals.
- characterized by a fresh, wholesome quality: the clean smell of pine.
- free from all writing or marking: a clean sheet of paper.
- having few or no corrections;
easily readable: The publisher demanded clean proofs from the printer.
- free from roughness or irregularity: He made a clean cut with a razor.
- not ornate;
forceful and simple;
streamlined: a clean literary style; the clean lines of a ship.
unqualified: a clean break with tradition.
- morally pure;
honorable: to lead a clean life.
- showing good sportsmanship;
fair: a clean fighter.
- inoffensive in language or content;
- (of a document, record, etc.) bearing no marks of discreditable or unlawful conduct;
listing no offenses: a clean driver's license.
- innocent of any crime.
- not having a criminal record.
- carrying or containing no evidence of unlawful activity or intent, as controlled substances, unlicensed weapons, or contraband: The agents searched the car for drugs, but it was clean.
- not using narcotics.
- (of a nuclear weapon) producing little or no radioactive fallout.
- not radioactive.
- (of a document or financial instrument) free from qualifications or restrictions: a clean bill of lading.
- free from defects or flaws: a clean diamond.
- free from encumbrances or obstructions.
- neatly or evenly made or proportioned;
trim: a clean profile.
- made without any unanticipated difficulty or interference: The bank robbers made a clean getaway.
- [Chiefly Biblical.]having no physical or moral blemish or carrying no taboo so as to make impure according to the laws, esp. the dietary or ceremonial laws: a clean animal; clean persons.
- dexterously performed;
adroit: a clean serve in tennis.
- (of a jump over an obstacle) made without touching the obstacle.
- having no direct associations, business interests, etc., that could prejudice one's official acts or decisions: The new governor is clean because he's sold his construction business and doesn't owe political favors to anyone.
- without money or funds.
- (of wine) having a taste that is unusually refreshing and smooth.
- (of an anchorage, harbor, etc.) free of obstructions or hazards (opposed to foul).
- (of the legs of a horse) free from injury or blemish, as capped hocks, splints, or scars.
- [Foreign Exchange.](of currency floats) not influenced by exchange-rate manipulation (opposed to dirty).
- in a clean manner;
cleanly: Nobody wants to box with him because he doesn't fight clean.
- so as to be clean: This shirt will never wash clean.
quite: The sharp carving knife sliced clean through the roast. In a year, he had gone clean through his inheritance.
- clean full, [Naut.]
- (of a sail or sails) filled with wind;
- (of a sailing vessel) with all sails full of wind;
- come clean, [Slang.]to tell the truth, esp. to admit one's guilt.
- to make clean: Clean those dirty shoes.
- to remove or consume the contents of;
clear: She sat down to dinner ravenous and within five minutes had cleaned her plate.
- to dry-clean.
- to remove the entrails and other inedible parts from (poultry, fish, etc.);
- to take away or win all or almost all the money or possessions of (often fol. by out): The cards were marked and I got cleaned.
- to remove the seams from (a casting) by filing or grinding.
- [Philately.]to delete intentionally the cancellation from (a postage or revenue stamp).
- to perform or undergo a process of cleaning: This kind of fabric cleans easily. Detergents clean better than most soaps.
- to get rid of dirt, soil, etc. (often fol. by up): to spend the morning cleaning.
- clean house, to wipe out corruption, inefficiency, etc., as in an organization: It's time for the city government to clean house.
- clean out:
- to empty in order to straighten or clean.
- to use up;
exhaust: He had cleaned out his savings.
- to drive out by force.
- to empty or rid (a place) of occupants, contents, etc.: Eager customers cleaned out the store on the first day of the sale. The thief cleaned out the safe.
- [Slang.]to cause to lose all or almost all one's money or possessions.
- clean up:
- to wash or tidy up.
- to rid of undesirable persons or features: They cleaned up the local bars.
- to put an end to;
finish: to clean up yesterday's chores.
- to make a large profit: They cleaned up in the stock market.
- clean up one's act. See act (def. 10).
Woodwood1 (wŏŏd),USA pronunciation n.
- the hard, fibrous substance composing most of the stem and branches of a tree or shrub, and lying beneath the bark;
- the trunks or main stems of trees as suitable for architectural and other purposes;
timber or lumber.
- the cask, barrel, or keg, as distinguished from the bottle: aged in the wood.
- See wood block (def. 1).
- a woodwind instrument.
- the section of a band or orchestra composed of woodwinds.
- Often, woods. (used with a sing. or pl. v.) a large and thick collection of growing trees;
a grove or forest: They picnicked in the woods.
- [Golf.]a club with a wooden head, as a driver, brassie, spoon, or baffy for hitting long shots. Cf. iron (def. 5).
- have the wood on, [Australian Slang.]to have an advantage over or have information that can be used against.
- knock on wood, (used when knocking on something wooden to assure continued good luck): The car's still in good shape, knock on wood.Also, esp. Brit.,touch wood.
- out of the woods:
- out of a dangerous, perplexing, or difficult situation;
- no longer in precarious health or critical condition;
out of danger and recovering.
- made of wood;
- used to store, work, or carry wood: a wood chisel.
- dwelling or growing in woods: wood bird.
- to cover or plant with trees.
- to supply with wood;
get supplies of wood for.
- to take in or get supplies of wood (often fol. by up): to wood up before the approach of winter.
Blindsblind (blīnd),USA pronunciation adj., -er, -est, v., n., adv.
- unable to see;
lacking the sense of sight;
sightless: a blind man.
- unwilling or unable to perceive or understand: They were blind to their children's faults. He was blind to all arguments.
- not characterized or determined by reason or control: blind tenacity; blind chance.
- not having or based on reason or intelligence;
absolute and unquestioning: She had blind faith in his fidelity.
- lacking all consciousness or awareness: a blind stupor.
- hard to see or understand: blind reasoning.
- hidden from immediate view, esp. from oncoming motorists: a blind corner.
- of concealed or undisclosed identity;
sponsored anonymously: a blind ad signed only with a box number.
- having no outlets;
closed at one end: a blind passage; a blind mountain pass.
- (of an archway, arcade, etc.) having no windows, passageways, or the like.
- dense enough to form a screen: a blind hedge of privet.
- done without seeing;
by instruments alone: blind flying.
- made without some prior knowledge: a blind purchase; a blind lead in a card game.
- of or pertaining to an experimental design that prevents investigators or subjects from knowing the hypotheses or conditions being tested.
- of, pertaining to, or for blind persons.
- [Bookbinding.](of a design, title, or the like) impressed into the cover or spine of a book by a die without ink or foil.
- [Cookery.](of pastry shells) baked or fried without the filling.
- (of a rivet or other fastener) made so that the end inserted, though inaccessible, can be headed or spread.
- to make sightless permanently, temporarily, or momentarily, as by injuring, dazzling, bandaging the eyes, etc.: The explosion blinded him. We were blinded by the bright lights.
- to make obscure or dark: The room was blinded by heavy curtains.
- to deprive of discernment, reason, or judgment: a resentment that blinds his good sense.
- to outshine;
eclipse: a radiance that doth blind the sun.
- something that obstructs vision, as a blinker for a horse.
- a window covering having horizontal or vertical slats that can be drawn out of the way, often with the angle of the slats adjustable to admit varying amounts of light.
- See Venetian blind.
- [Chiefly Midland U.S. and Brit.]See window shade.
- a lightly built structure of brush or other growths, esp. one in which hunters conceal themselves.
- an activity, organization, or the like for concealing or masking action or purpose;
subterfuge: The store was just a blind for their gambling operation.
- a decoy.
- a bout of excessive drinking;
- [Poker.]a compulsory bet made without prior knowledge of one's hand.
- (used with a pl. v.) persons who lack the sense of sight (usually preceded by the): The blind are said to have an acute sense of hearing.
- into a stupor;
to the degree at which consciousness is lost: He drank himself blind.
- without the ability to see clearly;
blindly: They were driving blind through the snowstorm.
- without guidance or forethought: They were working blind and couldn't anticipate the effects of their actions.
- to an extreme or absolute degree;
completely: The confidence men cheated her blind.
Stepstep (step),USA pronunciation n., v., stepped, step•ping.
- a movement made by lifting the foot and setting it down again in a new position, accompanied by a shifting of the weight of the body in the direction of the new position, as in walking, running, or dancing.
- such a movement followed by a movement of equal distance of the other foot: The soldier took one step forward and stood at attention.
- the space passed over or the distance measured by one such movement of the foot.
- the sound made by the foot in making such a movement.
- a mark or impression made by the foot on the ground;
- the manner of walking;
- pace in marching: double-quick step.
- a pace uniform with that of another or others, or in time with music.
- steps, movements or course in walking or running: to retrace one's steps.
- a move, act, or proceeding, as toward some end or in the general course of some action;
stage, measure, or period: the five steps to success.
- rank, degree, or grade, as on a vertical scale.
- a support for the foot in ascending or descending: a step of a ladder; a stair of 14 steps.
- a very short distance: She was never more than a step away from her children.
- a repeated pattern or unit of movement in a dance formed by a combination of foot and body motions.
- a degree of the staff or of the scale.
- the interval between two adjacent scale degrees;
second. Cf. semitone, whole step.
- steps, a stepladder.
- an offset part of anything.
- a socket, frame, or platform for supporting the lower end of a mast.
- a flat-topped ledge on the face of a quarry or a mine working.
- break step, to interrupt or cease walking or marching in step: The marching units were allowed to break step after they had passed the reviewing stand.
- in step:
- moving in time to a rhythm or with the corresponding step of others.
- in harmony or conformity with: They are not in step with the times.
- keep step, to keep pace;
stay in step: The construction of classrooms and the training of teachers have not kept step with population growth.
- out of step:
- not in time to a rhythm or corresponding to the step of others.
- not in harmony or conformity with: They are out of step with the others in their group.
- step by step:
- from one stage to the next in sequence.
- gradually and steadily: We were shown the steelmaking process step by step.
- take steps, to set about putting something into operation;
begin to act: I will take steps to see that your application is processed.
- watch one's step, to proceed with caution;
behave prudently: If she doesn't watch her step, she will be fired from her job.
- to move, go, etc., by lifting the foot and setting it down again in a new position, or by using the feet alternately in this manner: to step forward.
- to walk, or go on foot, esp. for a few strides or a short distance: Step over to the bar.
- to move with measured steps, as in a dance.
- to go briskly or fast, as a horse.
- to obtain, find, win, come upon, etc., something easily and naturally, as if by a mere step of the foot: to step into a good business opportunity.
- to put the foot down;
tread by intention or accident: to step on a cat's tail.
- to press with the foot, as on a lever, spring, or the like, in order to operate some mechanism.
- to take (a step, pace, stride, etc.).
- to go through or perform the steps of (a dance).
- to move or set (the foot) in taking a step.
- to measure (a distance, ground, etc.) by steps (sometimes fol. by off or out).
- to make or arrange in the manner of a series of steps.
- to fix (a mast) in its step.
- step down:
- to lower or decrease by degrees.
- to relinquish one's authority or control;
resign: Although he was past retirement age, he refused to step down and let his son take over the business.
- step in, to become involved;
intervene, as in a quarrel or fight: The brawl was well under way by the time the police stepped in.
- step on it, to hasten one's activity or steps;
hurry up: If we don't step on it, we'll miss the show.
- step out:
- to leave a place, esp. for a brief period of time.
- to walk or march at a more rapid pace.
- to go out to a social gathering or on a date: We're stepping out tonight.
- step up:
- to raise or increase by degrees: to step up production.
- to be promoted;
- to make progress;
Hi peoples, this image is about Image Titled Clean Wood Blinds Step 10 ( Clean Wooden Blinds #3). It is a image/jpeg and the resolution of this file is 597 x 448. It's file size is only 36 KB. If You desired to download This image to Your laptop, you may Click here. You could also download more pictures by clicking the picture below or see more at this post: Clean Wooden Blinds.
Image Titled Clean Wood Blinds Step 10 ( Clean Wooden Blinds #3) cannot be denied in the event the wooden floor has become increasingly popular, possibly has become a tendency in the world of home design. Sort and numerous kinds are increasingly currently mushrooming in the market. This involves you to uniquely pick what type of wood floors are of good-quality. But sadly the majority of you're still in choosing a normal wood flooring with the replica, baffled.
Noticeable from your following concerns that generally occur from people in regards to the wooden flooring. In the prior report we could find before deciding to decide on a floor for the household and wooden surfaces wholesome, should be considered beforehand unidentified spot using floor.
The advantages of this kind are pure and legitimate. Color correction can be achieved through a process of varnish. However, this sort of timber flooring value present relatively superior because it is made of wood bits. The installment requires a very long time cause chemical odors from concluding.
The benefits of engineered wood floor is often named engineered parquet is along the way are manufactured so that the normal issues that frequently occur in strong wood including devaluation and folding does not happen, the way the engineering system level where the layers of wood installed with wheat direction opposite to one another sheets, the very best layer is made of venner (layers of wood)
Because so many timber flooring goods out there are not all-wood floor products are authentic wooden surfaces. Here we illustrate three varieties of wood flooring items viewed from your product as a thought within the selection. Here are three tips on picking a natural timber surfaces: Image Titled Clean Wood Blinds Step 10 ( Clean Wooden Blinds #3) such as linens of panel of the measurement that is specified.
This kind of product is not tolerant to humidity. Where top of the covering resembles timber theme made from a form of plastic this kind of lumber is truly a clone of the original wooden surfaces. Since it is constructed of plastic-type so as greater damage resistance. But when you crave a hot environment with normal motifs produced from the initial Clean Wooden Blinds Ground is certainly not a good choice.